高 一 英 语
命题 蔡珺 审核 钱晓霞
1. What seems to be the man’s problem?
A. He hasn’t got used to such a big apartment.
B. He is still looking for a better apartment.
C. He cannot afford the new apartment.
2. What does the man think of the lecture?
A. Boring. B. Excellent. C. So-so.
3. Why isn’t the woman going to see the movie?
A. Because she is too busy.
B. Because she isn’t feeling well.
C. Because she doesn’t like the movie.
4. Where is the man from?
A. Atlanta. B. New York. C. Washington, D.C.
5. How much is usually the man’s telephone bill a month?
A. $50. B. $30.C. $25.
6. What’s the weather like now?
A. A little cold. B. Very warm. C. Too hot.
7. What will Lily do this afternoon?
A. Go for a picnic with the two speakers.
B. Stay at home and watch TV.
C. Go fishing with Mike.
8. Which bus goes to the Agricultural Museum?
A. The No. 19 bus.B. The No. 16 bus.C. The No. 8 bus.
9. Where will the woman probably go next?
A. To the city’s biggest mall.
B. To the Agricultural Museum.
C. To the Military Museum.
10. How long will the painting classes last?
A. 7 weeks. B. 17 weeks. C. 20 weeks.
11. How much will a member of the Painting Club pay for the painting classes?
A. $140. B. $100. C. $70.
12. When can the man sign up for the painting classes?
A. On February 16th or 17th.
B. On February 17th or 18th.
C. On February 19th or 20th.
13. How does the woman feel now?
A. Hot. B. Thirsty. C. Tired.
14. What does the man probably do?
A. A singer. B. A writer. C. An editor.
15. What did the woman do this afternoon?
A. She read a book.B. She went shopping. C. She went to a concert.
16. What is the woman probably going to do next?
A. Eat out.
B. Cook some food.
C. Order some Chinese food.
17. What did the professor want to find out?
A. How clever a monkey is.
B. Whether animals are clever.
C. Which animal is the cleverest.
18. What did the professor want the monkey to do?
A. Find all the boxes.
B. Find the food.
C. Open the door.
19. What surprised the professor?
A. The monkey was watching him through the keyhole.
B. The monkey hid himself in one of the boxes.
C. The monkey found and ate the food.
20. What can we learn from the text?
A. The professor likes animals.
B. The monkey didn’t like the food.
C. Food was put only in one small box.
1. As Polly _______ the passengers on the train, she had a feeling that she was being watched by a tall man in a dark overcoat. At last the train arrived at Green Park station.
2. When Polly got to the station entrance, it was empty. Outside, _______ she looked the fog _______ like a thick, grey cloud. … The man moved away. She could feel her heart _______ with fear.
3. “Here we are. King Street.” He stopped.
“Thank you so much for coming to my _______,” said Polly in _______. “Would you like to come in and rest for a _______?”
4. Before the middle of the 5th century, people in Britain all spoke a language called Celtic. Then two Germanic groups from the European _______—the Angles and the Saxons—_______ Britain. … Both the English language and the English people are _______ after the Angles; the word Angle was _______ Engle in Old English.
5. Modern English appeared during the Renaissance in the 16th century. Because of this, Modern English includes many Latin and Greek words. _______ also went _______ huge changes during this period. Of course, this was not the end of the changes in the English language.
6. People started to dig in the area for treasure, which caused much damage. Thus, in 1860, the area was put under _______ protection so it could be _______ and studied.
7. I saw several houses which were _______ with wall paintings. I also saw the people who had been _______ alive.
8. A _______ from the local _______ institute, Professor Zhang, told us that around the year 1900 the European explorer Sven Hedin discovered the _______ of the Loulan Kingdom.
III．单词拼写 (用单词的正确形式填空) （共10小题，每小题0.5分，满分5分）
1. You need to have a large v_______ as well as a good knowledge of grammar in order to learn English well.
2. Shanghai, as a c_______ center in the east of China, attracts thousands of business people every year.
3. Peng Liyuan shows great c________ for children suffering from AIDS and often visits and comforts them.
4. Many customers have c_______ a lot to the company about the low quality of their products recently.
5. All the students in our school have a_______ to the library and the Internet center.
6. Your experiences as a _______ (志愿者) matter a lot when applying for a foreign university.
7. As an English learner, you need to know how to _______(辨别) between American English and British English.
8. President Xi Jinping paid an _______(官方的，正式的) visit to Russia recently to improve the friendly and cooperative relations between the two countries.
9. His interest in this subject _______(逐渐地) decreases as the teacher isn’t able to make the lessons lively.
10. There was a terrible explosion in Boston on April 16th. People there _______(恐慌) at the
sound of the explosion.
1. Fear prevented him from moving when he heard the sound of footsteps _______(approach).
2. Both the driver’s carelessness and the bad condition of the road that day _______(lead) to the accident.
3. The housing price ______(rise) in the past several months.
4. Those of poor immunity(免疫力), especially children and old people, should go to public places less to avoid _______ (affect) by the bird flu.
5. I hope that you will keep us ______(inform) how you are getting on with the work.
6. No wonder she looked so tired today. She _______ (surf) the Internet at 11 o’clock last night.
7. The box which ______(weigh) as much as 20 kilos is too heavy for the little boy to carry.
8. ______(reduce) the risk of getting burnt, you should stay away from fire.
9. By the time the soldiers arrived at the airport, their enemies _______(take) control of it already.
10. The child slipped(滑倒) and fell, _______ (hit) his head against the door.
1. The government calls on every citizen to contribute to building a harmonious society.
The government calls on every citizen to _______ _______ to building a harmonious society.
2. Nowadays, it is possible that we find it hard to understand Old English because it is made up of a mixture of different languages.
Nowadays, we _______ _______ to find it hard to understand Old English because it _______ _______ a mixture of different languages.
3. The children quickly ran away and I couldn’t see them anywhere before I could say a word.
The children quickly ran away and were _______ to _______ _______ before I could say a word.
4. It is known to us that making others embarrassed in public is impolite.
_______ is _______ to us, it is impolite to _______ others in public.
5. Judging from the disappointed look on his face, there is no doubt that he failed the test.Judging from the disappointed look on his face, _______is _______ that he failed the test.
6. Besides knowledge, responsibility and respect should also be taught to students.
_______ _______ knowledge, responsibility and respect should also be taught to students.
7. On Tomb-sweeping Day, people go tomb sweeping to remember those who have passed away.On Tomb-sweeping Day, people go tomb sweeping _______ _______ of those who have passed away.
8. Most people believe that f
amilies play a very important role in education.
Families are _______ _______ play a very important role in education.
The Chinese language _______ _______ Western languages _______ _______ it uses characters instead of an alphabet.
Tom has been absent from school for several days, and it _______ _______ that he has _______ _______ with fever.
_______ _______ us was that though there was no one _______ _______, we could always
hear someone talking.
_______ _______ what most people may assume, this vaccine(疫苗) won’t come _______
_______ use _______ next year.
The trees were cut down, which resulted _______ the city of Loulan _______ _______ by sand.
21. — Oh, I have an examination to take next week!
A. No way.B. No problem. C. That’s fine. D. Good luck!
22. On _______ whole, science and technology have been benefiting human beings all through
A. a, 不填B. a, the C. the, 不填 D. the, the
23. Known _______ one of the four greatest ancient civilizations in the world, China is attractive
_______ many foreigners.
A. for; to B. for; forC. as; forD. as; to
24. When the police broke into the room, they found the man _______ in bed, _______.
A. lying; deadB. lying; diedC. laying; dying D. laid; death
25. Jack stood _______ except that his lips moved slowly.
A. silent B. quiet C. stillD. calm
26. _______ I’m not sure of winning the match, I will have a try anyway.
A. While B. Before C. OnceD. Since
27. Now the size of our town is _______ than it was ten years ago.
A. as twice large as B. twice large than
C. twice as much as D. twice as large as
28. — If my sister goes to watch the singing competition named “I am a singer” next time,
_______. The competition is well organized.
A. so do I; So is it B. so do I; So it is
C. so will I; So is it D. so will I; So it is
29. _______ at the amazing scenery in Shangri-la, she could hardly believe that it is created by
A. StaringB. GlancingC. Glaring D. Seeing
30. On the hill _______ a tower as well as two temples.
A. standB. is standing
C. are standing D. stands
31. The company has been _______ of President(总裁) Smith for 20 years and who will _______
it after his retirement?
A. in the control; take over B. in the control; take down
C. in control; take overD. in control; take down
32. He is not easy-going, but his trust in his friends will last forever once _______.
A. to be gained B. is gained
1．What is the man?
A．A worker. B．A driver. C．A teacher.
2．What is the man going to do this weekend?
A．Meet a friend of his.
B．Go to Beijing.
C．Hold a birthday party.
3．What did the woman buy her husband for Christmas?
A．A book. B．A watch. C．A record.
4．How does the woman feel?
A．Surprised. B．Light-hearted. C．Worried.
5．What does the man tell the woman?
A．She is mistaken.
B．His dog likes chasing cats.
C．There is another cat that looks like hers.
6．What?s the woman going to do?
A．Buy a birthday gift for David.
B．Buy a pet for her husband.
C．Buy some animals for the zoo.
7．How many kinds of animals are mentioned in the conversation?
A．2 B．3 C．4
8．What can we learn from the conversation?
A．The man likes keeping rabbits
B．The man built a zoo.
C．The man doesn?t like snakes.
9．How many goals did Jack?s team score?
10．What do we know about the woman?
A．She watched the game on TV.
B．She knew about the game over the radio.
C．She watched the match at the stadium.
11．When is Jack?s next match?
A．On Friday this week B．On Saturday this week
12．What are the two speakers talking about?
A．A flight timetable B．Hiring a taxi
13．Where is woman going on Saturday?
A．Garden Hotel B． The airport C．The railway station C．The way to the Union Street C．On Friday next week
14．What time does the woman want to leave?
A．At 7:00 am B．At 7:00 pm C．At 5:00 pm
15．Who is the man going to meet tomorrow?
A．Dave B．Tony C．His girlfriend
16．What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A．husband and wife B．close friends C．Boss and secretary
17．Where are the two speakers going to have dinner? A．In a restaurant B．In the woman?s houseC．At the man?s home
听第10段材料，回答第18~20题。 18．What is the topic of this passage? A．China?s education B．China?s historyC．China?s development 19．How many school-age children have dropped out of the school?
A．Over 2 million B．Over 4 million C．Over 12 million 20．What is the biggest problem in helping the poor children?
A．Lacking （缺乏）love from society B．Lacking money C．Parents? ignorance 二、课文填空（0.5×20=10） 1． ?Hello, Nigel,? I said. ?just wondering how to spend the morning – until I saw you. You?re not busy doing anything, are you??… ?Then I?ll come with you,? he answered. ?There?s alwaysread in the waiting room!? 2． I was being tested for a driving license for the third time. I had been asked to drive in heavy traffic and has done so successfully. After having to drive out of town, I began to . 3． drunk. The crowd suddenly grew quiet. The drunk, however, seemed quite sure of himself. When the and the drunk bowed. 4． Outside, the fog ____like a thick, grey cloud. There was no one in sight, Polly set off towards Park Street. As she walked along, she heard the sound of , but by the time she man's voice in her ear saying 'Sorry.' 5．Because of this, Modern English includes many Latin and Greek words. Pronunciation also____ huge changes during this period. However, this is not the end of the changes in the English language.... Even today, where a person comes from will their style of speech. This is called a 6．The city was ___ for many years until the 18th century when a farmer found some stone with
____ on it. People started to dig in the area for , which caused much . When we went most interesting. There was an ancient water system that through the middle of the city. 三、单词拼写（0.5×10=5） 1．There's an e____ amount of information on the Internet. That's why many people like surfing the Internet. 2．Professor Wang in the English department is making a study of the s____ and differences between America and England. 3． __ in the area by the powerful earthquake. 4． 5．have to pay anything for swimming in it. 6．（暂时地）due to a power failure, and soon it reopened. 7．（对面）you during the meal. 8．__ （原先，起初）very small, but now it has been enlarged. 9．（凶猛的）, it was gentle actually. 10．__ （惊慌失措）when they realized that they were lost in the mountain. 四、动词填空 （0.5×10=5） 1．The rumor（传言）that the famous singer got divorced（离婚）soon ______ （spread）from mouth to mouth. 2．-Would you please come and help me with my homework. Dad? -Sorry, but I can't help ___ （do）it for you, as I'm so busy now. 3．With all his homework ___ （finish）, he felt quite relaxed. 4．The worker has to work for the boss without ___ （pay）. 5．He is a man easy ___ （get）along with. 6．By the time we got to the meeting room, they ___ （come）to an end. 7．I ___ （paint）my new flat all day. So look! How dirty I am! What I need most now is a good bath. 8．Passing the manager's office, I heard him___ （interview）a young man from Beijing
University. 9．The police found that the house had been broken into and a lot of things ___ （steal）. 10．In the past ten years scientists ____ （achieve）great advances in information technology.
五、句型转换 （0.5×20=10） 1．James and his classmates were told to finish the task in two days, which made them crazy. James them crazy.
2．It was unfortunate that the robber hit Tom's head and took his bag away. The robber 3．The class made up of 50 students is on the second floor. The class ____ ____ 50 students is on the second floor. 4．It's said that one of the famous writer's novels has been translated into several languages. The writer is so famous that one of his novels is said ____ ____ ____ translated into several languages. 5．The expert not only made some comments on the project but he also gave some suggestions for further improvement. Not only ____ the expert ___ some comments on the project but he gave some, suggestions for further improvement ____ ____. 6．The serious car accident resulted from the driver's carelessness. The driver's carelessness______the serious car accident. 7．Confucius had a great influence on the development of China's culture and education. Confucius____ ____ the development of China's culture and education.
1．尽管他时不时去做兼职，他在学习上还是取得了很大进步，因为他能充分利用他的学习时间。 Doing part-time jobs now and then, he has in his studies, for he2．总经理生病去世后，他唯一的女儿接管了他的生意。
江苏无锡一中2010—2011学年度高一（下）期中考试英 语 试 题
1. How does the man feel about his job?
A. He doesn’t care much about it. B. He enjoys it very much.
C. He hates working overtime.
2. What is the woman going to do?
A. Ask Tom to send an invitation. B. Get the Johnsons’ address.
C. Invite Tom to the party.
3. What does the woman mean?
A. Jane is looking for a summer job.
B. Jane is packing for the summer vacation.
C. Jane is eager to go home for the summer.
4. Why is the woman excited?
A. She has got a driver’s license. B. She has sold a lot of tickets.
C. She is going to a foreign country.
5. What does the man think of Picasso?
A. He thinks that he is the greatest Spanish painter.
B. He doesn’t consider him the best Spanish painter.
C. He is sure that he can become famous.
6. For which day does the man book a room finally?
A. March 20th. B. March 12th.C. March 22nd.
7. How much a day will the man pay for the room he booked?
A. 80 dollars. B. 88 dollars. C. 96 dollars.
8. Where will the letter be sent?
A. To England. B. To Paris. C. To Tokyo.
9. Which of the following things does the envelope contain?
A. Some money. B. A check. C. A book.
10. What will the man do next?
A. Write his address on the envelope.
B. Take the photos from the envelope.
C. Go to the next window.
11. Where is the man going to stay this evening?
A. At the school. B. At home. C. At the office.
12. What exam will the man take?
A. The entrance exam.B. The midterm exam. C. The final exam.
13. What does the man think of the coming exam?
A. Easy.B. Harder than the last one. C. Too difficult to pass.
14. What does the man think of the present job?
A. It is not the best one.B. It’s a badly-paid job.
C. It’s the worst one in the world.
15. What reason does the woman give for needing a cellphone?
A. She can use it to check her emails.
B. She can call family in case of an emergency.
C. She can make cheaper long-distance calls.
16. How much is the monthly service?
A. $20.99.B. $99. C. Nearly $30.
17. What is the term of service for this plan?
A. 3 months. B. 6 months. C. 9 months.
18. Where did Alice work?
A. In a hospital. B. In a government office. C. In a beer company.
19. How did Alice go to work?
A. By car.B. By bus. C. By subway.
20. How did Alice feel when the president knew her secret?
A. Upset.B. Surprised. C. Angry.
When I walked around the city, I saw streets just as they had been, with stepping stones along the road so you did not have to step in the mud on ____1___ days. I saw several houses which were ___2____ ___3____ wall paintings. I also saw the people who had been buried ___4____. It turns ____5___ that after the ash covered the people who failed to flee the city, their bodies nearly completely ___6____ down and disappeared, ___7____ empty spaces in the ash. Years later, ___8____ were able to use these empty spaces to produce true-to-life ___9____ of the people who had died in the ____10____.
1. By the 10th century, old English was the o__________ language of England.
2. The Chinese characters we use today have been s__________, which makes them easier to write.
3. This shopping centre is located in the c__________ area of our city, which helps attract a lot of
4. Both Pompeii and Loulan became lost c__________ about 2,000 years ago.
5. The word “not” is __________（发音）differently in the UK and the USA.
6. The great writer has made great ____________（贡献）to Chinese literature.
7. It was not long before a helicopter arrived on the scene to rescue the __________(幸存者) of the
8. Humans____________(不同于) from other mammals in their ability to speak.
9. Your ___________ （词汇）is too small; you need to learn more words.
10. Birds usually have a good sense of __________(方向).
1.Shortly after the destructive earthquake happened in Fukushima Japan, the frightened people _______ from the dangerous area. (flee)
2. The boy, now learning in Chicago University, ________by his aunt on the farm. (raise)
3. The service man went over towards the lady, _______a label to her luggage. (attach)
4. The history teacher told the children yesterday that the dove, a kind of lovely bird, _______peace. (represent)
5. The beautiful sea park, which _______thousands of travelers every month, was completely destroyed after the tsunami（海啸）.(attract)
6. ---Has Mr. Wilson and his men returned from African Savannah?（大草原）
---Yes. They_______ the behavior of deer for almost two months there. (observe)
7. Our English teacher is said _______ abroad, but we don’t know exactly in which country
she studied. (study)
8. Listen! Our headmaster _______ the meeting open. (declare)
9. When the girl mentioned the question again, Arthur seemed _______. (embarrass)
10. _______ their faces, the young teacher started to remember the children’s names one by one. (distinguish)
1. Polly felt she was being followed by a tall man, but soon she couldn’t see that man anywhere. Polly felt she was being followed by a tall man, who was soon _______ _______ _______ _______.
2. There may be more people who could lose their way, so I’d like to help them.
_______ _______ _______ more people may lose their way, so I’d like to help them.
3. As the cake smells delicious, it was eaten up by the little girl in no time.
_______delicious, the cake was soon eaten up by the little girl.
4. A plane soon flew Liu Weihai to a hospital in Guangzhou for an operation.
Liu Weihai _______ soon _______ to a hospital in Guangzhou for an operation.
5. People feel sure that this process will continue, and people will keep inventing new words and new ways of saying things.
_______ _______ _______ that this process will continue, and people will _______ _______ inventing new words and new ways of saying things.
6. When the old man turned off the radio, he was able to sleep well.
_______ the radio_______ _______, the old man couldn’t sleep well.
7. They had known each other for 3 years before they got married.
_______ _______ each other for 3 years, they got married.
_______ _______ our imagination, this river should have become a natural swimming pool.
I lost my way. Luckily, a kind man _______ to my _______, and finally I found the hotel in which I stayed.
The rose _______ _______ beauty and love was made its national flower by the USA in 1985.
Our teacher suggested we _______ _______ _______the word in the dictionary whenever we meet a new word, for its meaning will be brought out in the context.
What I said is to make you _______ _______ the importance of learning English.
The red-bricked teaching building has been _______ _______ school _______so it can be well preserved.
The team _______ _______20 people will be coached by a foreigner.
When _______ _______reading, the blind man gradually learned Braille.
The boy was _______ _______everything he saw in this beautiful school.
21. --- I’m thinking of the driving test tomorrow. I’m afraid I can’t pass it this time.
---I’m sure you will make it. _______!
A. No wonderB. Cheer upC. No problem D. No way
22. The Chinese language is different from many Western languages _______ it uses characters
which have meanings and can stand alone as words.
A. unless B. until C. now that D. in that
23. The English spoken in the United States is only slightly different from _______ spoken in England.
A. which B. what C. thatD. one
24. A good story does not necessarily have to have a happy ending, but the readers must not be
A. unsatisfied B. unsatisfying C. to be unsatisfying D. being unsatisfied
25. He expects to _______ the business when his father retires.
A. pick up B. make sense C. take over D. make up
26. We were finally able to make the customers _______ of the quality of the refrigerator.
A. to convinceB. convincingC. convinceD. convinced
27. In front of our house _______ we used to swim.
A. a river lies that B. does a river lie where
C. lies a river whichD. lies a river where
28. I’m afraid this is the best way _______we can think of_______ you.
A. that; helping B. that; to help C. which; helping D. which; to help
29. Father made a promise _______I passed the examination he would buy me an MP4 player.
A. thatB. whichC. whetherD. that if
30. “This is ______ most useful reference book,” a teacher from ______ European country told us in
A. the; aB. a; 不填C. 不填; 不填 D. a; a
31. Everybody in the village likes Jack because he is good at telling and ______ jokes.
A. turning up B. putting up C. making upD. showing up
32. It was quite a long time ______ he really realized the serious situation.
A. since B. when C. after D. before
33. The little boy still needed the ______ 20 dollars to do with the things ______.
A. remaining; remained to be settled B. remaining; remaining to be settled
C. remained; remained to settle D. remained; remaining to settled
34. It is known to all that a proper amount of exercise ______ to good health.
A. benefitsB. contributesC. values D. improves
35. Our city has developed into a big city, which is ______ it used to be.
A. four times larger than that B. four times the size of what
C. four times the size larger than what D. as four times the size as that
36. The boy the teacher considered ______ was caught ______ in the exam, which surprised us very
A. to be the best; cheating B. as the best student; to cheat
C. being the best; cheating D. as a good student; to cheat
37. They are just college graduates and don’t realize what ______ takes to start and run a company.
A. this B. heC. that D. it
38. It was my 28th birthday, and I was seriously depressed because _______. ( From 21st Century “ I
have wonderful children” )
A. I couldn’t afford a birthday present for myself
B. It was too cold in Utah
C. I was a newly divorced mom, raising two small children on my own
D. I had just lost my job
39. Why did Jenny want to leave the wedding reception? ( From NCE “ She was not amused” )
A. Because she didn’t like the funny stories in her father’s speech.
B. Because she didn’t like the food there.
C. Because she didn’t think her father’s speech was a success.
D. Because she didn’t like to see so many people laughing at her father.
40. Why did the police have to push Jumbo off the main street? ( From NCE “ Jumbo versus the
A. Because Jumbo was holding up the traffic.
B. Because Jumbo liked to walk on the side street.
C. Because the police had a difficult time pushing Jumbo.
D. Because the police wanted to arrest Jumbo.
Even though it was only October, my students were already talking about Christmas plans. With each passing day everyone became more everyone would run for their coats and go home except David.